FITAG has been an old idea, which is now flourished with in an interest and initiative taken by many people who have been the leaders of the fraternity in Gujarat. In fact, there is no such umbrella body on regional level existing across India. All the cities across Gujarat as well as India has their associations and most of their problems are also common but this is the first of its kind of body in India to address those common issues.
FITAG objectives in nutshell has a five point agenda.
Flourish, Knowledge, Networking, Strength & Protection are the five points on which the foundation of FITAG is laid on.
Objectives of FITAG can be described in brief as below:
Bodies like FITAG are very much required in today's market scenario, where there are multiple problems like competition, recession, LFRs etc... Only an umbrella body like FITAG can think of common problems and try to come out with a solution within a stipulated time period in benefit to the fraternity.
How it can help? Its advantages to community & state.
FITAG can help to many associations in many different manner like extending support in all kind of events. An umbrella or parent body can represent the entire community to broader platforms in comparison to any local association. FITAG's representation is considered as the whole IT fraternity of Gujarat.
Another advantage is, due to existence and activities of FITAG, the local associations have started interacting with each other more frequently which improves the understanding and in turn is healthier for the entire community. One of the motto behind arranging the convention is to bring all the associations on a common platform and update them about today's and tomorrow's trends in the Industry. Various programs every year will help to increasing the bonding between the associations as well as update their technical skills of the members. FITAG's representation to the state and national bodies will protect the interest of IT community by a large extent.
The objects of which FITAG is established are:
(1) To protect and promote the interest of the Business Community and to take all steps necessary or advisable for the manufacture, trade and service of Information technology.
(2) To support and protect the character and status of the Business Community and to promote honourable practices and prevent & suppress malpractices in the trade.
(3) To bring, prosecute & defend or aid in bringing, prosecuting, or defending any suits, actions, proceeding, applications or arbitrations on behalf of FITAG or of the members of FITAG or as otherwise as FITAG may think proper or conducive to the objects of FITAG.
(4) To collect and disseminate statistical and other information for securing the promotion of the objects of FITAG and to make efforts for the spread of commercial and economic knowledge.
(5) To take all steps which may be necessary or promoting supporting of opposing legislation of other action affecting the aforesaid interests by the Government of any Department thereof or by any local body or bodies and in general to take the initiative to secure the welfare of the business community in all respects.
(6) To make representation to Local, State or Central authorities. Executive of Legislative on any matter affecting the Business Community.
(7) To communicate with Chambers of Commerce and other mercantile & public bodies throughout the worked and to participate in their activities and concert and promote measures for the protection of the trade in the aforesaid items & services.
(8) To make part in any organization or Association / Federation for the welfare of members and also employees engaged in the trade in the aforementioned items and to send representative of FITAG to international conferences, Seminars, Expositions, and Trade Fairs and to take part in the deliberations of questions relation to the welfare of the people engaged in the trade of said items or services and to promote, support, follow and abide by the activities and conventions thereof and oppose such measures as may be found prejudicial to the interest of the people engaged in the trade in the said its and services.
(9) To see apart and create special funds with special objects and apply the same of part thereof or the interest of income thereof or any part thereof for all or any of such special projects.
(10) To subscribe to or otherwise aid any benevolent, scientific, national or other institutions of objects and to make payments for any charitable or useful purpose.
(11) To pay costs, charges and expenses preliminary and incidental to the promotion, formation and establishment and running of FITAG.
(12) To remunerate any person for services rendered or to be rendered to FITAG.
(13) To undertake by arbitration the settlement of commercial disputes between merchants and businessmen and also provide for arbitration in respect of disputes arising in the course of trade, industry or transport and to secure the services of expert, technical and other men to that end, if necessary or desirable, and to deal with and resolve by negotiation the disputes, arising between the parties which may be referred to the Trade Disciplinary Team appointed by the Executive Committee.
(14) To advance and promote commercial and technical education and to found and support establishments and institutions for such purposes, and to undertake and conduct educational, vocational and industrial training activities for the members and public.
(15) To subscribe to become a member or, or otherwise co-operate with any other Association / Federation, whether incorporated or not, whose objects are altogether, or in part, similar to those of this Federation.
(16) To enter into any arrangement with any Government or Authority, Local, State, Central or otherwise, that may seem conducive to FITAG’s objects, or any of them, and obtain from any such Government of Authority all rights, concessions and privileges, which FITAG may think desirable to obtain, and to carry out, exercise and comply with any such arrangements, rights, privileges and concessions.
(17) To prepare, circulate and encourage a code of conduct among the members and business, professional, and vocational communities in cultivation and developing fair trade practices.
(18) To enter into such arrangements with any Government, ruling power, or any local or other authorities, railway, municipal or otherwise which may seem conducive to the objects of FITAG or any of them and to obtain from them any power, rights, licenses, privileges, or concessions which FITAG may think fit and desirable to obtain and to carry out, exercise and comply with any such arrangements, rights, licenses, privileges and concessions.